PICKERINGS FARM - VICTORIA ROAD
Renamed Hatton Hill Road 1929
Note the stone pillars and base in foreground - These were used to build a haystack atop and around, which helped with ventilation in keeping the stack dry and prevent spoilage from rising ground moisture. It may also have prevented spontaneous combustion.

Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2009