OUR LADY STAR OF THE SEA RC SCHOOL
Foundation stone laid 1890 — Closed 1975 — Demolished 1982

Many Litherland children attended the school; there being no RC school in Litherland south of the canal until the opening of St Elizabeth's School in 1904. The school was situated in Seaforth Vale North, with Seaforth Road buildings visible to the rear of the school — Sandy Road and Seaforth & Litherland Railway Station are to the right. The photograph was taken from Hogarth Street.
 
The Same View 2007
Photograph © Ronnie Cusworth 2007

Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2009