LINACRE ROAD c1930

The 'order bike' is passing the empty site that the present day library was built on in 1937. This site was owned by Litherland Council and many plans had been put forward over the years as to what use it could be put to - One such plan was the building of a memorial hall to the Litherland war dead of The Great War 1914 -1918 - this project proved too costly.

The building to the right was St Philip's Mission Hall on the corner of Sefton Avenue. The bus is the 'Merseyside Touring Company', who started services to Litherland on 11th May 1929. Thomas Scott & Sons (Bakers) Ltd shop can be seen on the corner of Scarisbrick Avenue at number 18 Linacre Road. The Stockwell Mount turret can also be seen with Bryant & May's Match Works also visible behind the railway bridge. To the left of photo is the site of the former Richmond Sausage Works.
Litherland Memorabilia Collection


Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2007