7th Battalion, King's (Liverpool Regiment) (T.F.)

The 7th King's Depot was located at 99 Park Street, Bootle, the battalion was established in 1908 as part of the Territorial Force, forerunner of our present day Territorial Army. The main recruiting area for the battalion was; Bootle, Litherland, Seaforth, Waterloo, Crosby and as far as Southport with a volunteer company on the Isle of Man. The battalion served with distinction throughout the Great War 1914-1918 winning many honours and suffering over 900 men killed with 100s wounded, these figures include casualties from the many Litherland men who served with the battalion.
 
Ronnie Cusworth Postcard Collection
Possibly taken 1913/14

All looking very hot 'n' bothered and not too happy after a route-march? Only two have managed to raise a smile for the photographer
Look at the face on the guy left front-row - A cracker
Look at the way some are looking at the officers


Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2008