Liverpool Corporation Tramways New Depot & Offices - Linacre Road - May 1939
The new depot was opened at a civic ceremony on 29th June, 1939

The new depot cost £40,000 to construct and could house forty cars. Two houses the tramways owned were demolished to create the space needed for the new sheds and administrative block. Because of the increased capacity of the depot, extra cars from routes 17-18-18A-30 & 31 were transferred to Litherland on the11th July 1939. During WWII a public air-raid shelter was located there. The administrative block was also the location of a WWI memorial to the men from the depot who were killed during the conflict. The memorial is now in the care of the Litherland branch of the Royal British Legion.




Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2006