Beach Road School c1920s
The school dates from 1908
 
The photograph was taken from Beach Road with Walker Road at the front of school, which runs through to Ruthven Road

 During the First World War the school was used as a military hospital from 1917 and remained under military control until 1920. During the military occupation of the school all approach roads had barriers and were manned by soldiers from Litherland Camp. People needing access to Beach Road and the allotments were issued with passes and in some cases keys were issued for locked unmanned barriers - The cost of the key being paid for by the holder! The first public library in Litherland opened in the school in 1928 and remained there until the opening of the library on Linacre Road in 1937.
Click on any of the kids to see an enlarged image of them
Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2006