BACK OF SEFTON STREET
Some of the oldest dwellings still standing, dating back to at least the 1850s. To the left and out of the image stood Mill Grove Cottages and the site of a windmill, recorded as still being there in 1865. There were 'flour dealers' in both Sefton Street and Sefton Road in the 19th century.
Photograph © Ronnie Cusworth 2005
Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2007