Litherland Fire Brigade
The photograph c1908 was taken outside of Litherland House,
the council offices from 1904 to 1939
Fire Brigade was established in 1906 as a part-time force, the men
were called from their place of work by an alarm. Before the setting
up of the fire brigade, the neighbouring Borough of Bootle's fire
brigade attended to fires in the district.