|The 'order bike' is passing the
empty site that the present day library was built on in 1937.
This site was owned by Litherland Council and many plans had been
put forward over the years as to what use it could be put to -
One such plan was the building of a memorial hall to the Litherland
war dead of The Great War 1914 -1918, but this project proved
The building to the right was St Philip's Mission Hall on the
corner of Sefton Avenue. The bus is the 'Merseyside Touring Company',
who started services to Litherland on 11th May 1929. Thomas Scott
& Sons (Bakers) Ltd shop can be seen on the corner of Scarisbrick
Avenue at number 18 Linacre Road. The Stockwell Mount turret can
also be seen with Bryant & May's Match Works also visible
behind the railway bridge.