Thornton Street 1950

The photograph was taken at the bottom of Thornton Street, the gable of the 'Prefab' faced on to Webster Street
The backs of the houses that can be seen to the left are Oakland Street
Note also the power gantry spanning the canal. The last remaining gantry in Litherland was removed in 2003

Left to right: Barbara Boyland - Iris Ritson - Terry Boyland - Maureen Boyland
With Thanks to Terry Boyland
Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002/2003/2004