Seaforth & Litherland Railway Station
The station opened on the 1st October 1850 under the name of 'Seaforth Station'. It wasn't until 1905 that the station became 'Seaforth and Litherland'. The original track was at road level with level crossing gates, the present day bridge and embankment were erected in the 1880s. The embankment to the left forms the boundary between Seaforth and Litherland. The railway track falls within the Litherland boundary from the Bootle boundary at Hornby Boulevard until it reaches Cambridge Road were it then enters Waterloo.
Photograph © Ronnie Cusworth 2002
Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2008