Street is one of the oldest inhabited areas of Litherland. The
empty area to the left was once a 'Canal Wharf' owned by the
Liverpool Canal Company. The canal company gave the land to the now
defunct Litherland Urban District Council, who erected public toilets
circa 1914. The number 55 bus also stopped there after turning left
coming over the lift-bridge.