The 7th King's Depot was in Park
Street, Bootle, the battalion was established in 1908 as part
of the Territorial Force, forerunner of our present day Territorial
Army. The main recruiting area for the battalion was, Bootle,
Litherland, Seaforth, Waterloo, Crosby, Ormskirk and as far as Southport.
The battalion served with distinction throughout the Great War
1914-1918 winning many honours and suffering over 900 men killed
with 100s wounded, these figures include casualties from the
many Litherland men who served with the battalion.