Crowning of the Litherland Coronation Queen 1953
 
The ceremony took place in Lander Road, the Queen being crowned by Chairman Norman Lonsdale of the Urban District Council of Litherland.
The Chain of Office worn by Chairman Lonsdale was introduced in 1928 with chains of office being completed by a ladies chain and medallion in 1951.
With Thanks to Barbara Smith
Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002/2003/2004