St Mark's Mission Church
Chapel of Ease
Scarisbrick Avenue
Opened 1899
The church was of all metal construction; being demolished early 1920s, owing to corrosion of the ironwork caused apparently by the fumes from the munitions factory at Brotherton's Tar Works (site of the new Tesco supermarket)
With Thanks to Billy Almond for photograph

Litherland & Ford Digital © Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2012